[omniORB] ssl initialization

David Bellette david.bellette@nec.com.au
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:18:46 +1000

Hi Norrie,

Yes, I managed to work around this problem.

Firstly, I found if you include <omniORB4/sslContext.h> then you MUST
initialise the sslContext static members
    sslContext::certificate_authority_file
    sslContext::key_file
    sslContext::key_file_password
and they must be valid and correct, otherwise omniORB will raise and
exception.

If you DO want SSL support, use "-ORBendPoint giop:ssl::" on the command
line
If you DON'T use -ORBendPoint giop:tcp::"

I admit it is a pain especially because of the exception on exit, which you
can't seem to catch anywhere??

If anyone else has any input, I'd be glad to look at it.

> Also, is there any reason why these configurations were ommitted from the
> new omniORB4 configuration options?
>   sslContext::certificate_authority_file
>   sslContext::key_file
>   sslContext::key_file_password

Do you mean that nthere is no SSL support on the current build? (I'm
currently using a December 2001 build and have been thinking of refreshing
the build but if there is no SSL support, I'm in trouble)

Regards
David