[omniORB] Multiple Network Interfaces

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@attbi.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:48:09 -0500

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 05:08:14PM -0500, Vinaya Kavathekar wrote:

> As it can be seen the first interface used in the IOR is always the local
> interface while the second is the public one. Clients trying to connect are
> obviously using the public interface and since it isn't the first one, they
> don't get the required references. (I think) Is there an obvious solution to
> this problem - perhaps a misinterpretation of the information on my part.
>
> I'd really appreciate pointers to go about tracing this problem.
>
> Thank you for all your help,

You didn't mention what platform you are running on.

I've had similar problems in the past with a Linux machine running
two network cards.  One solution that I came up with under Linux
was two change the name of my machine to the name associated
with the IP address that I wanted to appear first in the
IOR profile.

This involved using the Linux control-panel program to change
the network configuration, since more than one configuration file
needed to be changed, and it was easier to use the menu based utility
than to hack the config files myself.

The other solution I came up with was to use the ORBendpoint
flag in omniORB 4, see:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/cgi-bin/omni-wiki/moin.cgi/OmniOrb4DevelopmentStatus

--
Craig Rodrigues