[omniORB] interprocess comm

Henrique F Bucher hbucher@ccr.buffalo.edu
Sat Jun 29 18:06:01 2002

Hi Bjorn,

Thank you all for these prompt replies.

I saw somewhere (I can't remember) that someone made a hack into
omniORB such that latencies were orders of magnitude faster than in
omniORB3. It seems that this change would make omniORB not fully CORBA
compliant but, well, there's always a tradeoff.
Did I misunderstand what I've read?

Thanks a lot

Henrique

Quoting bjorn rohde jensen <bjensen@fastmail.fm>:

> Hi Henrique,
>
>  OmniORB4 does have support for unix domain sockets,
> which can be used as a fairly fast ipc mechanism, but
> there is no support for system V IPC such as shared
> memory segments. I believe, the unix domain socket
> support is complete and well tested, altough i doubt,
> it all that much use.
>  You should try to pull down a CVS snapshot of omniORB4
> from http://sourceforge.net/projects/omniorb/ The tag
> is omni4_0_develop, and you will need to disable mutex
> tracing and such to see the real performance of the orb.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Bjorn

Henrique F Bucher, PhD
Center for Computational Research (CCR)