[omniORB] omniORB 3.0.5 crash with ZCF

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Fri Jun 28 19:55:01 2002

Hello there,

I'm testing out omniORB 3.0.5 and omniORBpy 1.5 on a local, custom-built
glibc2.1 box with python2.1.1. At the moment, I'm trying to look at ZCF,
a set of class wrappers for the ZEO server from Zope, John Heintz's
creation available from
http://www.zope.org/Members/jheintz/ZODB_CORBA_Connection/ZCF-0_6.zip/view

I've got a strange issue. When I run the server and try to contact it
through the client, it crashes with a SEGV. I've pulled a stack track
and it isn't very suggestive, but I can attach it if it seems needed.

Has anybody had crashes with these versions when homebuilt? It might be
something know, which is why i'm not posting traces and debugging yet.

If not, what's the correct way to go about reporting a crash?

Take care,