[omniORB] [omniORB]How do I bind to ORB(Visibroker)?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Jun 24 11:43:00 2002

On Monday 24 June, "Mohan" wrote:

> 2. Now what I want to do is to bind to that ORB and call one of its
> interfaces using omniORB. What is the best way to do this? Are there any
>  good examples?
> In omni I noticed from one of its examples that ORB's created using omni
> can esatablish a commnincation thru Name Service and I found no other
> examples that just creates a poa from the root poa that can be used to
> bind from vairious clients.

Visibroker's _bind() call is a proprietary extension. There is nothing
like that in the CORBA specification. The easiest thing to do is
register the object reference in the Naming service, or write the IOR
to a file. It might be easy to get the Visibroker server to use a
simple object key, so you can use a corbaloc URI.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --