[omniORB] Visual C++ 7.0 and omniORB 3.04

Hany Greiss Hany.Greiss@InBusiness.com
Fri Jun 21 13:52:01 2002

Hello,

     I have also experienced similar issues. I compiled omniORB 3.0.4 using
VC++ version 7.0 (the .NET version of the C++ compiler) and it also fails.
If anyone has successfully built libraries for this version it may prove
useful to a growing number of developers as version 7.0 is more widely
deployed.

Hany

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinaya Kavathekar [mailto:vinaya@marathontechnologies.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 12:20 PM
To: 'omniorb-list@realvnc.com'
Subject: [omniORB] Visual C++ 7.0 and omniORB 3.04

We're using omniORB 3.04 and I'm trying to port our sources to Visual C++
7.0. Although the compilation goes through without any hitch, I see a
runtime exception being thrown from MSVCR7.0d.dll.

I'm assuming this is because my omniORB libraries are built with an earlier
version of the runtime libraries, i.e. version 6.0. (A message from Kent
said that Microsoft has changed the names of the libraries from MSVCRT.dll
to MSVCR7.0.dll.)

Is there a version of the binaries built with VC 7.0 available? If so, what
version of omniORB is it? I might consider upgrading anyway, to avoid other
problems. If I have to compile omni myself, I'd much rather stick to the
current version. (3.04)

Thanks,
Vinaya