[omniORB] Passing dictionary.

Alexander Deruwe aderuwe@aqs-carcontrol.be
Thu Jun 20 15:12:02 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 08:47:25AM -0400, William Noon wrote:
> 	struct NameAnyPair {string name; any value};
> 	typedef sequence<NameAnyPair> FieldsDict;
>
> This requires that all keys in the dictionary to be strings but the values
> can be any object (defined in the idl).

My question is totally offtopic (well, almost :), but it -seems- to
clear up a great misunderstanding I had about the any type.

Am I correct in reading your comment as: an any type can become struct
or 'typedef sequence' that is defined in the IDL?

I never could get the any type to work, and this would explain why; I
just didn't get it.
If this is true, it might make my IDL a lot more readable.

Alexander Deruwe
AQS-CarControl