[omniORB] TRANSIENT_BiDirConnUsedWithNoPOA

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jun 18 09:32:02 2002

On Friday 14 June, Slava Garelin wrote:

> Can I use bidir connection to BOA-based application (omniNames) ?
> I test eg3_clt from src/example/echo :

omniNames isn't BOA based.

> omniORB: Initial reference `NameService' resolved from configuration file.
> omniORB: LocateRequest to remote: key<0x4e616d6553657276696365>
> omniORB: AsyncInvoker: thread id = 1 has started. Total threads = 1
> omniORB: Client opened bidirectional connection to
> giop:tcp:192.168.107.132:2809
> omniORB: throw TRANSIENT from giopBiDir.cc:507
> (NO,TRANSIENT_BiDirConnUsedWithNoPOA)

The error here is that eg3_clt has no POA, not that omniNames doesn't
have one. There is no reason at all to use bi-directional GIOP to talk
to omniNames, since omniNames never does callbacks.

That said, I'm not sure a pure client should fail to talk to a server
just because it's trying to do bidirectional GIOP. I'll think about
that.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --