[omniORB] FW: /etc/hosts on Linux

Gregory Giguashvili Gregoryg@ParadigmGeo.com
Sun Jun 16 14:10:02 2002

Duncan,

Thanks for the answer.
I use OmniORB 3 and my problem is that I cannot create IOR, which is valid
(contains all network addresses) if I use DHCP.

The question is, if I can somehow trick the mechanism for IOR creation to
look for all the IP addresses???
Can you, please, tell me where you obtain the network interface information
from? If it's coming from /etc/hosts, then I will have to recreate this file
on boot every time. Otherwise, I can come up with some other idea...

Thanks in advance.
Giga

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:duncan@grisby.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 2:46 PM
To: Gregory Giguashvili
Cc: 'omniorb-list@realvnc.com'
Subject: Re: [omniORB] FW: /etc/hosts on Linux

On Sunday 16 June, Gregory Giguashvili wrote:

> > I wanted to ask if there is any alternative mechanism for IOR contents
> > generation (net interface parsing for instance)? If so, how can I force
> > OMNI to use this alternative mechanism?

With omniORB 3, you can't make it look at the network interface list.
omniORB 4 parses the net interface list by default, so that might
solve your problem.

To force omniORB to use a particular entry in the IOR, use the
-ORBpoa_iiop_name_port option.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --