[omniORB] omniORB4 documentation (was limit incoming connexions...)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Jun 13 15:04:02 2002

On Wednesday 12 June, Brian Edmonds wrote:
> Duncan Grisby <duncan@grisby.org> writes:
> > If you use the Autoconf configure, give it the
> > --disable-thread-tracing argument
>
> That did the trick.  With that option omniORB 4 is now about 50% faster
> than my hacked ORBacus 3.  Thanks, that helps remove one of the obvious
> stumbling blocks when people around here start asking questions.  I'll
> peruse the wiki and see if it answers any further questions that come
> up.

If you are running client and server on the same machine, you might
want to enable the Unix domain socket transport. That will make it go
about 25% faster still. Enable Unix sockets with command line
arguments

  -ORBendPoint giop:unix: -ORBendPoint giop:tcp::

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --