[omniORB] Managed code in Visual Studio .NET

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jun 12 13:45:02 2002

On Tuesday 11 June, "Javier Osa" wrote:

> I have avoided '_var' type variable problems using '_ptr' type variable
> and when I need to free memory I use CORBA::release(...).

You really need to fix the cause of the problem, not just avoid it.
If something as fundamental as the _var types is not working, there's
really no hope of getting it all to work.

You need to compile omniORB with VC7.  The version compiled with VC6
just isn't going to work. The slight complication is that omniidl
compiled with VC7 doesn't work against Python, which is compiled with
VC6. Sou should interrupt the build and put the omniidl binary from
VC6 in place, before the library is built.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --