[omniORB] GCC 3.1 exception propagation across shlibs

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jun 11 12:09:01 2002

On Monday 10 June, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

> Now we adopted gcc 3.1 and soon we discovered that exceptions are not
> properly propagated across address spaces when they are thrown/caught by
> shared libraries (as opposite to when normal processes are involved, such as
> echo examples which run fine).
> Such exceptions are reported as UNKNOWN on the client side. When no
> exceptions are involved, things still work fine.

Strange. Are these user exceptions?  It seems very unlikely, but
perhaps gcc 3.1 has lost the ability to catch exceptions by base class
across shared libraries. You might try a little test program. If that
is the problem, you could rebuild omniORB and all your code, having
commented out the HAS_Cplusplus_catch_exception_by_base define in
include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep.h.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --