[omniORB] Problem w/ multithreaded omniORBpy application

ml ml@knorke.in-berlin.de
Mon Jun 10 23:31:01 2002

Hallo Duncan,

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 09:26:30PM +0100, Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Saturday 8 June, ml wrote:
> > communication) the CORBA communication seems to work perfectly.  Is
> > there any known problem (better: a known solution) when having
> > multiple threads in Python with both CORBA and socket communication
> > (under Windows NT)?
>
> That should work fine. Are you using the Python socket module?  If you
> are using something else, perhaps it fails to release the Python
> interpreter lock. Try running with -ORBtraceLevel 30. That might give
> some indication of why the CORBA call doesn't return.

Thank you for the quick reply!  Using the -ORBtraceLevel and
other advanced debugging techniques ("print") we were able
to locate the problem.  It has been a combination of using
different IDL interface versions on client and server and a
small problems with socket handling, that has nothing to do
with OmniORB.  Conclusion: Using OmniORBpy in combination
with other sockets even under Windows NT and using ancient
Python 1.5 works well.  Thanks again!

Cheers, WB