[omniORB] How can I creat a hot-standby name service?

zlr zhanglr@stee.com.sg
Mon Jul 29 04:22:02 2002

Hi:
    What does "a simple application specific service" mean? Do I must write
it by myself?
    If I have to write it by myself, I want do it by the following logic.
    I hope you can give me some suggestion or tell me if I can find a easier
way to do it.

    server side:
    I. service:
        1. object_to_string to get a object string (Dose the string include
any enter--"\r\n"?)
        2. write it into a file -- local PC (PC side).
            Note: one pc can have a lot of services.
    II.Daemon:
        1. create a socket to listen.
        2. if receive a requirement (include service name), I return the
object string (it is stored in the file) by service name.

    clint side:
        1. create a socket to connect to server (PC Name).
        2. pass the service name by socket.
        3. after receive the object string of service, I call
string_to_object to get object point.

Best Regards
ZHANG Liren

Singapore Technologies Electronics Ltd.
Product Development & Management Division (PDMD)
(65) 413 1613 (Direct)
zhanglr@stee.com.sg