[omniORB] Using omniORB for communication between C++ and Embedded Python

Kevin Wooten kwooten@itracs.com
Tue Jul 23 21:05:01 2002

I am using embedded Python scripting, since I am using CORBA(omniORB) already, I though I would use it to communicate with my user defined script. I have run into a problem with my requests to script hanging.

What I am doing in script is: Implementing the IDL interface, initializing the ORB then creating a stringified IOR and saving it in a variable. From C++ I compile this script get the stringified IOR from a Python variable and use ORB::string_to_object to create a reference; all of this appears to work just fine. When I issue a request on the reference it always hangs.

I believe the hang has to do with omniORB's limitation of a single ORB per process, but I am not sure. If anyone has a solution, or even a completely different way of acheiving the same thing I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Kevin Wooten
iTRACS Corporation
email: kwooten@itracs.com