[omniORB] Passing a sequence of structure's from Python

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jul 17 11:47:01 2002

On Tuesday 16 July, baileyk@schneider.com wrote:

>  Have you tried without the "L" on the "0L" argument?  A CORBA long is a 32
> bit signed integer which maps to a Python int, not a Python long.  It's
> just a guess, since I haven't tried passing a Python long as a CORBA long
> using omniORBpy.  I use Python 2.2, which makes less distinction between
> int and long than does earlier Python versions.

Kendall is right about the 0L being the problem. I just thought I'd
add that omniORBpy currently requires ints not longs in these
situations, regardless of the Python version. It's on my list of
things to do to relax that, and accept ints and longs interchangeably.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --