[omniORB] about make a servant both CORBA client and CORBA server

zhang ji zsfunl@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 23:45:01 2002

Hi all,

I have a problem on how to make a servant as both a
CORBA client and CORBA server.

I published one servant a as CORBA object A, within
the publish program I init one ORB orb1 and make it
orb1->run(); in one function of the servant a , I need
to call another CORBA object. In this functin I init
another ORB orb2, by using orb2->string_to_object(ref)
I access another CORBA object, but I can not shutdown
the orb2 or destroy it after finishing the remote call
in the function.
If I orb2->shutdown, it seems the whole CORBA object A
will also be destroied after the calling.
If I orb2->destroy, the client will block there.

But when I either call the orb2->shutdown or call the
orb2->destroy, it works well.

So do I really need not to call the shutdown or
destroy? And Can I use one ORB only (such as only
orb1, I tried but it does not work)?

Thanks,
Shifeng