[omniORB] Callback in JavaIDL

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jul 3 12:52:00 2002

On Wednesday 26 June, "Ivan Ivanov" wrote:

> Using omniORB2.8 and JavaIDL (Sun's ORB) we discovered a very
> strange behaviour on when the callback calls the server again.  The
> program is more complicated and I am goind to inpect it again very
> carefuly, but I wanted to ask you all if someone has already
> encountered a similar behaviour. Looks like a race condition...

I believe JavaIDL reuses the existing connection to the server in
these sorts of recursive calls. omniORB versions prior to omniORB 4
did not cope with this, since they assume there is only one call in
flight on a connection at a time. The solutions are to update to
omniORB 4, or use a Java ORB that can be configured to open new
connections rather than reusing connections that already have a call
in flight.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --