[omniORB] OmniORB4 on Mac OSX

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:20:02 +0000

On Tuesday 29 January, William Noon wrote:

> Several of the static initialisers are not being called so the option
> handlers are not being loaded.  This results in a 'omniORB: ORB_init
> failed: unknown option (poaHoldRequestTimeout) in configuration file'
> exception when running the 'echo' example.

I suspect the linker is being too clever for its own good. There are
some cases where the same sort of thing happens on other platforms.
Look at include/omniORB4/linkHacks.h and, for example,
src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/codeSets.cc. With any luck, you'll be able to
use it to sort out the things that are missing on Mac OS X.

By the way, I'm sorry to have ignored your post from a while ago about
interceptors. Cleaning up the interceptors stuff is on my list of
things to do, but I haven't got around to it yet. When I do get around
to it, I'll consider the issues you mentioned.