[omniORB] OmniORB4 on Mac OSX

William Noon noon@snow.nrcc.cornell.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:53:30 -0500

Is there anyone else working on getting OmniOrb4 running on Mac OSX?

I had no problems getting 3.0.4 running with Python 2.1.1 and 2.2.

However, I have run into several issues getting v4 from cvs running
on 10.1.x.  I will send along a couple of small patches for pthread_self
and discovering all network addresses, but the biggest problem seems to
be a compiler issue.

Several of the static initialisers are not being called so the option
handlers are not being loaded.  This results in a 'omniORB: ORB_init
failed: unknown option (poaHoldRequestTimeout) in configuration file'
exception when running the 'echo' example.

This same code runs fine under linux w/ gcc 2.96.

Anyone else seeing this?

--Bill Noon
Northeast Regional Climate Center
Cornell University