[omniORB] Tracing options - Rel. 3.0.2

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:25:31 +0000

On Tuesday 29 January, "Ivanov, Roumen" wrote:

> I've been considering that (regarding the bug), but for some reasons I
> couldn't use CVS to apply only the bug fixes to some release and I didn't
> want to use a daily snapshot which might possibly introduce some other bugs.
> What about 3.0.5 or exposing a downloadable version of 3.0.4 with applied
> known bugs fixes?

Almost all of the changes in the omniORB 3.0.x tree are bug fixes. The
only other changes are new platforms. It should be totally safe to
upgrade to the current CVS. It probably is time for a 3.0.5 release,
but I'm too busy with other things at the moment. Soon...

> Although an experiment worths. Let me ask - is it supposed clients, compiled
> with 3.0.2, to work using the DLLs for 3.0.4. Is this what you are calling
> binary compatibility and, if so, for what versioning level is works?

The intention is that updates to the micro version number should be
backwards binary compatible. An application compiled against 3.0.2
should work fine with the 3.0.4+ libraries.