[omniORB] new C++ mapping

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:38:47 -0500

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:21:28AM -0400, jnye@micro-optics.com wrote:
> Hello, everybody,
>
> Has anyone thought of creating a new C++ mapping for OmniOrb that uses the
> STL instead of the classes defined by the presently released mapping? I'm
> pretty sure that there is no mapping like this defined by the OMG, but it
> sounds to me like it would be a very interesting project that could later be
> proposed to the OMG.

Doug Schmidt and Steve Vinoski wrote a few articles speculating
about a new C++ mapping for CORBA using Standard C++ for
C++ Users Journal.

See:
http://www.cuj.com/experts/author_index.htm?topic=experts

and look for "Standard C++ and the OMG C++ Mapping".

I don't think anyone has implemented anything like this yet.

I think it would be an interesting project.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr