[omniORB] Problem linking IDL stubs/skeletons as shared object onSolaris 2.8

Lars von Wedel vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:53:48 +0100

--------------349981D59704A97159FC5043

Hi again,

meanwhile, we did some 'research' and did the whole thing using g++
2.95.2.
It gives us exactly the same problem whereas the linux version is
running
properly.

Anyone experienced this problem before?

Lars

Lars von Wedel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've been using omniORB 3.02 on Solaris 2.7 with Sun CC 4.2 for quite
> some
> time now without problems. We now changed to Solaris 2.8/Sun CC 5.1
> (Workshop 6).
>
> Since then, activating an object using _this() lets the application
> crash:
>
>   omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
> using
>   omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself. e.g. using the ORB after it has
>   been shut down.
>    file: ../omniInternal.cc
>    line: 743
>    info: pof
>   Abort (core dumped)
>
> The same code works fine using Linux (with g++ 2.96). I assume that the
> intialization of static objects in the generated stubs/skeletons is not
> handled properly on Solaris for any reason.
>
> Does anyone know help?
>
> Lars
--------------349981D59704A97159FC5043

begin:vcard
n:von Wedel;Lars
tel;fax:++49 241 8092326
tel;work:++49 241 8095240
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
org:RWTH Aachen;Lehrstuhl fuer Prozesstechnik
adr:;;Turmstrasse 46;52064 Aachen;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
fn:Lars von Wedel
end:vcard