[omniORB] -ORBclientCallTimeOutPeriod

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:32:22 +0000

On Tuesday 15 January, "David Bellette" wrote:

> I've been testing the -ORBclientCallTimeOutPeriod parameter in a
> build of omniORB4 (20011213) on Windows NT4
>
> The documentation (actually omniORB3 documentation) in section 8.3
> Idle Connection Shutdown and Remote Call Timeout specifies the
> timeouts available.

Timeouts have changed. The client call timeout is now specified in
milliseconds.

> There is a function in the omniORB3 documentation and is included in
> omniorb.h in omniORB3, which allows you to specify the timeout at
> runtime without using command line parameters:
>
> omniORB::callTimeOutPeriod(callTimeOutType direction,  CORBA::ULong sec);
>
> This function seems to be missing in omniORB4's omniORB.h file,
> together with the scanGranularity and other timeout settings, and I
> can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Most of the functions that used to be in omniORB:: have been removed.
Things are now always configured at ORB_init() time. Rather than using
command line arguments, you can use the omniORB-specific fourth
argument to ORB_init(). See

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/cgi-bin/omni-wiki/moin.cgi/OmniOrb4DevelopmentStatus#line39