[omniORB] "Segmentation Fault" Error while handling client's requests..

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:45:02 +0000

On Wednesday 16 January, "S.I. Lee" wrote:

> Then you see the server process priting string messages saying
> "Hello! i am gamma....." from stadard output.  And then, take a cup
> of coffe, and get back to your computer.  Now you my see the server
> process has crashed with the message 'Segmentation Fault'..

I tried running your example code on the SunOS 5.8 machine we have,
and it ran for 15 minutes without dying, before I killed it. How long
do you have to wait?

Do you get a core file with your segfault?  If so, load it in the
debugger and see where it died. If you don't get a core file, try
running your server under the debugger, so it gets trapped when it
segfaults.

What compiler are you using?