[omniORB] Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:24:23 +0100

Andrén Clas clas.andren@aerotechtelub.se
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:25:05 +0000

I have discovered a pretty weird interoperability problem betwen OmniORBpy and TAO 1.2. THe problem occurs when I send a reference to a callbackobject from the client to the server (Subscribing) and when I at a later stage want to delete this objectreference (Unsubscribing). The Unsubscribing is performed by from the client side again reffering to the object reference which is stored at the server-side in a <map>. THe big problem is that when I send the callback reference to the server for unsubscribing, it's IOR at the client-side does NOT match the IOR I receive at the server-side. That's why the look-up in the <map> over Subscribers at the server-side fails and the whole Unsubscibe operation fails. The big question is, why does not the client-side IOR match the IOR I receive at the server-side???? TAO uses IIOP 1.2 and OmniORBpy uses IIOP 1.0. Is this the reason why it fails? In that case someone should upgrade the OmniORBpy I think. When i use OmniORB 4 at the server-side the problem wanishes. The IOR I get at the client-side matches the one I receive at the server-side....  It's all very weird. Hope someone has an explanation
/ Clas Andrén