[omniORB] compiling omniorb with cygwin

Kevin Williams KWilliams@visionael.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 06:16:58 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19785.F7E159B0

> Has anyone been able to compile omniorb with cygwin?
> Is there anything special that i have to do, or do
> i follow the installation procedure as for linux ??

I've never gotten it to work, but would be very interested in hearing what
was necessary if you do.  OmniORB's build system is such a pain to figure
out!  I've been anxiously waiting for someone to port it over to autoconf or
something (which might make a Cygwin port easier - maybe).

-- Kevin Williams
   Visionael Corporation
   kwilliams@visionael.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19785.F7E159B0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [omniORB] compiling omniorb with cygwin</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Has anyone been able to compile omniorb with =
cygwin?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Is there anything special that i have to do, or =
do </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; i follow the installation procedure as for =
linux ??</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've never gotten it to work, but would be very =
interested in hearing what was necessary if you do.&nbsp; OmniORB's =
build system is such a pain to figure out!&nbsp; I've been anxiously =
waiting for someone to port it over to autoconf or something (which =
might make a Cygwin port easier - maybe).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- Kevin Williams</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Visionael Corporation</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; kwilliams@visionael.com</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>