[omniORB] omniORB 3.0.4 on debian, name service runs on port 8088

Bang, Steinar Steinar.bang@tandbergtv.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:23:57 +0100

Platform:	Intel PIII 797MHz, debian testing (updated yesterday)
		omniorb 3.0.4, installed from debian unstable packages
		JacORB 1.3.30, Blackdown Java SDK 1.3

I have downloaded the debian unstable packages for omniORB 3.0.4
	<http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/omniorb.html>
	<http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/omniorb-dev.html>
and installed them directly using dpkg.

The reason I upgraded, was that I was unable to get JacORB to
speak to the omniORB 2.8 naming service, and that the combination
of omniORB 3.0.2 and JacORB 1.3.30 works fine on a RedHat 7.2
machine.

JacORB and omniORB still won't communicate on the debian box,
however.  The reason is that the naming service on the 3.0.4
omniORB installed from the debian package runs on port 8088.

The /etc/omniORB.cfg file initially looked like this:
	ORBInitialHost no-video2.oslo.tandbergtv.lan
	ORBInitialPort 8088
I changed it to
	ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::localhost
(which is the content of this file on the RedHat box),
and stopped and started the daemon with
	/etc/init.d/omniorb stop
This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.