[omniORB] OmniOrb3 and NAT'd addresses Problems

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:02:28 +0000

On Friday 28 December, Dave Fellah - ITG NY wrote:

>   I am trying to use OmniOrb on a NAT'd address; how can I disable host name
> lookup on the servant side (the servant happens to reside with the
> nameservice)?  Are there any tips that anyone can give me to make the client
> be able to communicate with the nameservice and servant ?  This is rather
> urgent.

You picked the wrong time of year for an urgent problem... :-)

What exactly is the situation you are trying to achieve?  You can
probably do what you want with the use of the OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME
environment variable, or the -ORBpoa_iiop_name_port command line
argument.