[omniORB] Creating objects with simple object keys

Roy Ward rward@infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:56:33 +1300

Lars Nilsson wrote:

>The code is a bit of cut'n'paste from a little thing I'm working on so
>you'll have to fill in some pieces, I'm sure. But the overall idea is
>there. Whe the above command line option references can be created
>using the corbaloc: naming convention. The string used in
>string_to_ObjectId() should obviously match the trailing part in the
>corbaloc: reference.
>
>Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for that. The example code is very helpful.

>	poa->activate_object_with_id(oid.in(), myObject);

My problem was that I was still using

poa->activate_object(myObject);

and trying to set the server name from the command line using
-ORBserverName.

The client now does find the server using INS, although I'm now getting
some sort
of crash that I didn't before, that has something to do with threading
issues. More
on this later if I can't resolve it for myself (I'm doing some pretty
hairy things to try
and use server code that uses the Boehm Garbage Collector).

Cheers,
Roy Ward.