[omniORB] interceptor usage

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Wed Dec 18 15:18:02 2002

Hi,
    I'd like to understand usage rules we have to follow for interceptors -
specifically for the serverReceiveRequest case:
- can we throw any (system/user) exception from within an interceptor
function, in case a service context does not match local security
constraints ?
- can we invoke generic operations on local/remote CORBA objects from within
an interceptor function (e.i. contacting a security server)? Do we need to
follow specific syncronization rules (internal OmniORB mutexes, etc.) ?
- are we allowed to play (read/update) with call parameters as exposed by
the giopStream ? If yes, can anyone post an example of it ?
What I would like to do here is to replace a remote IOR- passed as a
parameter - through a local one created on the fly. All of this without any
concern for the receiving implementation, which shouldn't even notice it.
Thanks,

Renzo Tomaselli