[omniORB] omniORB and OBV

Brenneis, Steve steve.brenneis@attws.com
Fri Aug 23 14:42:02 2002

I would like to offer my vote for support of objects by value and ValueType
in omniORB. I realize that there is limited time and support for new
features and I also want to thank Duncan for his tireless efforts in keeping
omniORB alive.

This would add an important (IMHO) ability for omniORB to work and play nice
with Java RMI-IIOP applications. I am willing to offer some development time
if anyone can point me at a good place to start. I haven't delved into the
depths of omniORB code for a couple of years now and I am surely quite
rusty.

Steve Brenneis
WebAXE Middleware Lead Developer
AT&T Wireless Services
http://vega.wireless.attws.com on the intranet
http://www.attws.com on the internet
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining." - Jeff Raskin