[omniORB] RE: Interoperability with visibroker

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Aug 22 12:42:00 2002

On Thursday 22 August, "John, Gareth (Poole)" wrote:

> Hi (again, I have joined the mailing list now),

Not quite, you haven't. You're subscribed as
Gareth.John@poole.siemens.co.uk, not @stcl, so the list software isn't
happy. I approved this post anyway, but please try to use the @poole
address in future, or subscribe with the @stcl address. If you want to
post from one address but receive list mail on the other, you can
subscribe with both address, and suppress delivery on one of them.

> I am integrating an omniorb 3.0.3 server and a Borland Visibroker for C++
> v4.5 client all running on Windows 2000. The client threads hang when more
> than one thread makes a call to the server. Functionally everything works in
> a single-threaded manner. When I use an omniorb client with an omniorb
> server then everything works multithreaded, as does a visibroker client with
> a visibroker server. Any ideas what is wrong and what I can do about it?

Presumably, Visibroker is sending the concurrent calls on a single TCP
connection, rather than opening new connections. omniORB 3 does not
support that, so it serialises the calls. The best solution is to
upgrade to omniORB 4.0.0 beta 2, which does support concurrent calls
on one connection. Another solution might be to configure Visibroker
to open new connections for concurrent calls, but I don't know if it
has an option for that.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --