[omniORB] difference between -ltcpwrapGK -lomniGK_stub

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:59:57 +0100

On Thursday 18 April, Richard Bouska wrote:

> I have tested the mod_cbroked on Debian GNU/Linux with the omniORB3 and
> come to strange behaviour:
> When I link the apache module with -ltcpwrapGK the apache is imediately
> crashing - but with -lomniGK_stub  everything is OK.
>
> Does anybody have idea what could be a reason for this?

tcpwapGK uses TCP wrappers as a "gatekeeper" to permit or deny
connections to omniORB. I assume that Apache is also using TCP
wrappers. omniORB's version of it is using some of the same symbol
names as Apache's version, so it all goes horribly wrong. The
omniGK_stub is a dummy gatekeeper that just accepts all connections,
so there is no clash with Apache.

If you need omniORB to be able to filter incoming connections, use
omniORB 4, since that no longer uses TCP wrappers, so there won't be a
clash.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --