[omniORB] omniORB4 for mission critical production app

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:43:51 -0500

If Duncan were to offer support for a reasonable fee, I'm almost sure we'd
pay for it.  However, I wonder if he has the legal staff necessary to bang
out a contract my company's lawyers will accept.  Lack of commercial
support is the big stumbling block here.  I have already explained the
situation to my boss and forwarded Duncan's plans.  I'll do my best to make
us a paying customer ( in both $$ and my time to learn and possibly
contribute to omniORB ) if we adopt it as a critical piece.

Kendall

                    "Mark D.
                    Spiteri"             To:     <baileyk@schneider.com>
                    <mds@apama.com       cc:
                    >                    Fax to:
                                         Subject:     RE: [omniORB] omniORB4 for mission critical
                    04/26/2002            production app
                    02:45 AM

You might want to consider the fact that the research lab that's been
developing and maintaining it is closing in the next couple of weeks. It
sounds like OmniOrb is going to have a future as a community open-source
project but I doubt it will be the same as having a team of developers paid
to work on it full-time.

That said, I think it's a great product and we've used it extensively.

Regards
Mark