[omniORB] Building omniORB 3.0.3 on Win2000 platforms

William H Jones enjones@lerc.nasa.gov
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:40:27 -0400 (EDT)

Roumen,

  1.  I did not switch to omniORB until after I had Win2000 machines,
      so I have never compiled it on an NT platform.

  2.  I don't recall anything that seemed a Win2000 problem, but sometimes
      I forget problems after they are solved.  I should keep a journal.

  3.  I appear to be using Cygwin V131 if that means anything to you.  It
      appears to have been downloaded in May of 2001.  I don't recall
      anything Win2000 specific about it, either.

  4.  I downloaded the full Python 2.1, probably about the same time and
      put it in its own root directory.

  5.  I doubt it is your problem, but one thing I have occassionally had to
      dodge is the desire of a lot of install programs to put things in
      C:\Program Files\....  That idiot space in the directory name screws
      up all sorts of scripts.  Even MicroSoft doesn't seem to get it right
      in its own .bat file interpreter.  On the other hand, my MicroSoft
      Visual C++ is installed in C:\Program Files\whatever, so maybe that
      is not relevant here.

  6.  The only other area I could think to look at would be the environment
      variables.  I have noticed that Visual Workbench doesn't track the
      PATH variable, but seems to maintain its own under

        Tools > Options > Directories > Executables

      Perhaps the cl compiler is irretrivably hooked into the Workbench
      settings and is unable to get to something it needs to execute?  I
      don't see anything in your output to suggest that, but maybe.  The
      fact that a command line entered by hand from a prompt works while
      one auto-generated by the wrapper doesn't sort of suggests an
      environment problem.

Sorry I don't have your answer.  Good luck,

Bill

--

Dr. William H. Jones
MS 5-11

216 433 5862
Preferred:  William.H.Jones@grc.nasa.gov
Hard code:  enjones@witsend.grc.nasa.gov
Personal:   whjones@apk.net

Project Integration Architecture:
  http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/price000/index.html

No man is so fortunate but that, at the hour of his doom,
he will not have at least a few about him who are pleased
with the proceedings.
    -- Marcus Aurelius