[omniORB] Run ORB method

Lars von Wedel vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:24:05 +0200

--------------D7C2CB472A2ABA00AE8FD01A

No that's just perfect. orb->run does nothing else than process
messages forever. Since omniORB is multithreaded, you do not
need the run() method. That's why it works nicely in GUI
frameworks which often use their own event handling loop.

Lars

jorgefm@cirsa.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Where can i found info about what the orb->run() method does ?
> I'm developing a servant with omniORB 3.0.2 and without calling this method
> i get me servant called by the remote clients, once i have registered an
> instance
> in the name service. I only have an endless loop in the servant main
> program
> after the registering process. I'm doing something wrong ?
>
> Jorge
--------------D7C2CB472A2ABA00AE8FD01A

begin:vcard
n:von Wedel;Lars
tel;fax:++49 241 8092326
tel;work:++49 241 8095240
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
org:RWTH Aachen;Lehrstuhl fuer Prozesstechnik
adr:;;Turmstrasse 46;52064 Aachen;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vonWedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
fn:Lars von Wedel
end:vcard