[omniORB] Using authentication with omniORB 4

Teemu Torma tot@trema.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:58:23 +0200

Nick Murtagh wrote:

> On Thursday 18 April 2002 15:14, Teemu Torma wrote:
>> I know this has been discussed before, but mostly on abstract level.
>>
>> We have a need to build some kind of authentication between omniORB 4
>> clients. There seems to be two possibilities, either use GIOP service
>> context or make your own transport.
>
> There is already support for SSL in omniORB4. Couldn't you build CSI stuff
> on top of that? See src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/ssl.

I understand that if I use the service context, that would work with any
transport, including ssl.  In this scenario SSL would be most likely
candidate to use, but it would not require it, since setting up the
certificates requires some work.

Own transport for GSSAPI for example would make the setup easier, since no
extra setup apart from what is needed for authentication is required to get
it encrypted.

Teemu