[omniORB] IOR Distributor?

bjorn rohde jensen shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:09:58 +0200

Hi Jennie,

 To my knowledge there no direct support for this
in omniORB, but of course it can be done. I am a bit
puzzled about this IOR distributor. Are you quite
sure, you really need to write such a thing?
 The distributor sounds like a bootstrap mechanism
to me, and CORBA does provide several of these. Is
there some constraint on your project, which prevents
the use of a CORBA name service? It is a very nice
place for CORBA aware applications meet:) You don't
have to use it directly, you can use corbaname URI's
and let the orb deal with the look up.
 You could also make one or more of your objects
persistent and only distribute the IOR once by hand.
There is something to be said for using a stateless
persistent factory object.

Yours sincerely,

bjorn