[omniORB] Client side leak in release build using CORBA::any

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:27:05 +0100

On Monday 25 March, David Hyde wrote:

> I'm using omniORB 3.0.2 on Windows 2000 with VC++ 6.0.

> Even with the client doing nothing the release build leaks memory
> like a sieve every time the data is pushed to it.  We're talking 20
> - 40k every few seconds with messages being constantly produced.
> The debug build is fine.

In the release build, have you built absolutely everything as release?
If not, the debug and release bits of code use different memory pools.
Usually that causes crtIsValidHeapPointer exceptions, but sometimes it
can just leak memory.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --