[omniORB] omniORB plans

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:01:07 +0100

Hi,

Sorry to have been quiet since my last message about omniORB's future.
I don't have any real news to report, but I thought I would let you
all know the current state of play.

AT&T Laboratories Cambridge will close on 24 April. Some time before
that, the majority of the www.uk.research.att.com web site, including
the omniORB bits, will move to a new home at the LCE, part of
Cambridge University. Links to omniORB's web pages will continue to
work. The FTP site and the mailing lists will move too.

Although we expect the uk.research.att.com name to live on, it is best
to start using the omniorb.org domain for everything, so email
addresses at omniorb.org, web at www.omniorb.org and FTP at
ftp.omniorb.org.

I intend to continue looking after omniORB development. Some time soon
I'll give more details about exactly how it's going to work and how
people can contribute.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --