[omniORB] omniORBpy and sys.settrace

Fazal Majid fmajid@kefta.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:41:38 -0700

I am trying to perform coverage analysis of Corba servers implemented using
omniORBpy. I am using for this purpose a modified verion of Neil
Schemenauer's code_coverage.py from the Quixote package
(http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/python/quixote/).

The code coverage tool works by setting a trace function using
sys.settrace().

Unfortunately, it seems Corba method invocations from omniORB upcalls are
not being traced properly, thus rendering the whole idea moot. This problem
would also make the Python profiler and debugger inoperative.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and found a work-around?

Thanks,

--
Fazal Majid                          Chief Technology Officer
fmajid@kefta.com                     Kefta