[omniORB] OmniORB 3.0.4 with STLport?

David Konerding dek@cgl.ucsf.EDU
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:28:20 -0700

Sven Hazejager writes:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have any experience compiling OmniORB 3.0.4 with the latest
>(or any) STLport? I've tried it (Solaris 8/Sparc, gcc 2.95.3, STLport-4.5
>with SGI IOstreams), but compilation died somewhere under omniNames.

Hi, I've had that problem before.  omniNames uses ofstream::attach to attach
a stream to a file descriptor.  That method is not in the standard C++ library.
I think the directions I got before were to "#define USE_STREAM_OPEN"
to use that code instead.  I'm not very happy with that- I'd much rather
see omniORB fixed to not used attach at all.