[omniORB] CORBA

Vibhu Rishi vibhu.rishi@wipro.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:04:34 +0530

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

thanks folks,

I will be looking into the sites that you mentioned.
One thing I was wondering is how the ORB is tested after each new
version you come out ? Do you guys have a test-suite or is it up to the
community to test out everything ?

Why I am asking is because my company is interested in using an
open-source code for the CORBA orb, and provide any bug
fixes/enchancements we make to the community. But, the question that
gets raised most often is how the ORB is going to be validated after
each iteration of fixes ? At this point I do not have an answer for them.

How do you chaps check the ORB ? The version 4 is coming out, so how are
you planning to test this ?

Maybe I am missing something as I am pretty new to the way the
open-source world works, so any clarifications would be highly appreciated.

Vibhu..

Uwe Seimet wrote:

> Hi,
>

>>For compliance testing, the closest thing I have seen
>>is the CORBA Open Source Testing project at
>>http://cost.omg.org.  However, that
>>project doesn't look like it is finished yet.
>>

> Another project where sources are available is CORVAL2:
>
>   http://www.opengroup.org/corval2/
>
> Best regards,   Uwe

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--