[omniORB] -ORBgiopMaxMsgSize (again)

henning.schmidt@philips.com henning.schmidt@philips.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:54:35 -0500

I know I can set the maximum message size through the startup parameter=
 <-ORBgiopMaxMsgSize> or at runtime through <omniORB::MaxMessageSize()>=

Now: if I want to transmit a string that is longer than the current <om=
niORB::MaxMessageSize>: can I just chop it up into pieces and transmit =
the complete information as a sequence<string>?

Same question in more general words: The size of which unit is finally =
affected by the <omniORB::MaxMessageSize>?
- Is it the size of one element inside a complex type that I transmit?
- Is it the size of one (arbitrarily complex) parameter (out of a coupl=
e that my function might have).
- is it the total size of all parameters that my function takes?

thank you for clarification.
;Henning

THOMSON multimedia Broadcast Solutions=20
H. Henning Schmidt / Digital Film Applications
1000 W. Maude Ave, Sunnyvale, CA, 94085, USA
phone:    +1 (408) 617-5751  Fax: -7713
email:    henning.schmidt@philips.com

=