[omniORB] Threads strange behaviour...

Miguel mmiguel@arrakis.es
Fri, 25 May 2001 21:29:25 +0200

Hello!!

I've been writing with a "strange" question about threads
and execution of the ORB last days.

I'm writing again just to tell you what has happened with my
problem (see my old mails for further details, please).

If I execute two PROCESSES instead of two THREADS in one
process, everything works OK in Linux. Unfortunately, I can't
use this solution because I have to share pointers, lists and
others complex classes (what it's no possible with shared
memory).

My doubt is WHY there are problems with the combination (in Linux,
not in Windows):
1 thread => ORB and CORBA related things...
1 thread => Application-specific stuff...

One last thing, can I do something different instead of
using two threads or two processes? Any idea? Is there a
special call to the ORB->run() method that doesn't take
the ownership of the thread/app?

I really need someone's help!!

Thank you very much in advance.

Bye bye!! :-D