[omniORB] Exceptions in case of heavy load

Attila Pletyak attila.pletyak@anemo.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:39:21 +0200

It is meant to be a question only, not a bug report of any matter.

Does somebody have experience of getting exceptions with omniORB 3.03
when a CORBA object is having a big load (a lot of client is using its
services in the same time)? Is there a standard exception for this, or
only the COMM_FAILURE is received? I did not see any special for this
case in the CORBA 2.3.1 specification.

And an other question, not in the subject: I saw the omnithread object
in the omnithreads documentation. Do I get any advantages with it in an
omniORB system, or the posix thread functions in pthread.h are doing the
same in effect?

I am using Debian Linux 2.2, omniORB 3.03.

Thanks for the data in advance.

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.