[omniORB] Help with compiling omniORB under Windows appreciated

Georg Lohrer GeorgLohrer@web.de
Fri, 25 May 2001 14:05:02 +0200

Hey everybody,

after compiling omniORB under Linux and Solaris without any
strange problem I stuck within compiling the stuff under
Windows (NT and 98 SE).
My local equipment is Visual Studio 6.0 SP 3 and full
CygWin_98-4.10 (updated on newest version).

So, all things seems to be clear. But the Readme.win32 only
shows the way of compiling with the gnu-win32-lite package and
this little tool "checkmounts".

I've tried to setup my environment-vars accordingly but the compilation
fails everytime. I tried using the MSDOS-command-prompt and
the cygwin-prompt, nothing runs well.

My questions are:

1) What is the correct shell to compile omniORB? cygwin with
   adjusted paths to Visual-Studio. Or MSDOS-prompt with
   additional paths to cygwin and Visual-Studio?

2) If you have been successfull during compilation of omniORB
   on Windows, could you give me a short hint about your
   environement settings?

Any comments are appreciated

Ciao,
Georg Lohrer