[omniORB] Client-Server process trouble ??

Miguel mmiguel@arrakis.es
Thu, 24 May 2001 14:39:27 +0200

Hi!!

I've a process with a couple of threads where:

thread A  ( main() ) => registers a server in the POA and runs orb->run()
thread B => runs an infinite loop ( while (1) ) invoking methods from
others clients. It obtains
                   these references contacting a server through the
NameService (it does this in
                   the thread A)

(all servers are in the RootPOA)

I've two of that processes (process 1 and process 2) running at the same
time, and one of them invokes some methods
from the server of the other process (both processes have the same type of
server (but they
are different objects!!))

The problem is that the calls to the server of process 1 in thread B of
process 2 don't work in Linux (it works OK in Windows).
It doesn't work even if I run all the servers and clients on the same
Linux-based machine!!. The thread blocks
when invoking the server and there isn't any message in the screen

Is it possible that I'm registering in a wrong way the servers (but in that
case, I think the ORB or the POA will
raise an exception?? and it wouldn't work in Windows ??) ? Perhaps the omni
implementation for Linux uses the
same port for all the sending and receiving calls? Is there any (important)
difference between the Linux
and the Windows implementation?

Thank you very much in advance...

Bye!