[omniORB] Clients don't reply ??

Tue, 22 May 2001 11:49:33 +0100

On Monday 21 May, Miguel wrote:

> from client1:  ref_client2->functionZ()   => client1 blocks here and no
> excepcion or error message is sent... is like if
> client2 isn't there, but the ORB doesn't "say" anything...

[...]
> Ah!! Did I mention that this works ok in Windows?
>
> I'm using omniORB 3.0.3 and Red Hat Linux 7.

The most common reason that callbacks block mysteriously is that the
client has forgotten to activate its POA. That probably isn't your
problem since it works on Windows.

Your problem is probably due to a broken host set-up on the Linux
machine. See this posting for details:

  http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2001-01/0143.html